Friday, May 22, 2009

Bread




















Several nights ago I went to work with my mom. My mom works at the local homeless shelter as the shelter manager. My dad is the shelter director. My mom does all sorts of things including cooking dinner for the residents. That particular night we baked some bread. We put the bread out for the residents to serve themselves. One guy (we will name him Ron) Ron came up to us and told us how this bread brought back memories to his childhood and how every night his mother baked bread and gave he and his three siblings the heels of the loaves as a bedtime treat. Ron went into great detail about how is mother made eight loaves of bread because his neighbors (who were also relatives) worked in the fields all day and his mother brought the bread for their lunch break.
It's really cool when you hit something unintentionally like that.

2 comments:

Crystal Lewis said...

is this a stock photo or did your mom bake this.

Ruthie said...

I had photos I took on my phone that I was going to use but my phone had a spaz attack and they were deleted. so these are from the internet.